"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared." The Buddha

Saturday, November 1, 2008

31 days of thanks.

I know this is probably generic, but I'll be writing my 'thanks' for 31 days starting today. I know that even in the largest catastrophe, there is always a reason to be thankful and thankfully I have yet to experience a catastrophic event and no, that's not today's thanks.

Today, I am thankful for a job.

It may not be where I want to be in 5 years, or 3 years even, but it's a job that allows me the opportunity to be myself, be creative (in ways you wouldn't even begin to imagine) and be surrounded by other like-minded individuals who also don't want to be working at the same place in 5 years. Sure, there are things that I hate about my place of employment, but I'm lucky to have a job at all, especially one that makes it so easy for me to be at home with my son all but 24 hours a week total. It's pretty impressive, and really, let's be serious about how nice it is to actually "get away" for a bit. Even if it is to work. It makes coming home after 8 hours that much sweeter.

1 comment:

Accepts Affection said...

I think this is a great idea. We don't think about what we're grateful for enough and I think do so allows greater things to come into our lives.