"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared." The Buddha

Sunday, November 2, 2008

31 days of thanks (2)

Today I am thankful for the laughter that is in my life.

I hate getting up in the morning. I always have and while I don't want to say that I always will, it's probably the truth. I will. It's just how I'm wired. Getting up and getting to work is usually the hardest, especially after almost 4 months of very little sleep. Lucky for me, I have a wonderful group of co-workers that greet me every weekend. Rain or shine, for the most part they are smilin' and joking. We laugh, we get pissed, sometimes we (I) cry, and then we get over it and laugh some more. It's good. I love these people. I would give them my left kidney. Sometimes our laughter crosses the line into "I can't believe he/she just said that". It's like 'The Office' but without the desks and boring day to day. It's never boring here.

Beyond my funny gang of jokesters, I have my son who giggles all the time and my husband and my non-work friends and myself and David Sedaris. With laughter, life really is beautiful.

No comments: