"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared." The Buddha

Monday, November 3, 2008

31 days of thanks (3)

Today I am thankful for falling gas prices.*even though it's probably temporary

When we first bought Spencer in 2006 it cost about 20 bones to fill him up. Slowly, or maybe not, it was 22, then 26 then 30 and then at the highest point thus far, it was 42 dollars to fill him up. Luckily, our little silver corolla (I wish we could afford the hybrid) gets about 34 mpg but still... it was ridiculous. I'm thankful that we made the decision to get an "compact car" because when gas was at it's highest, we could at least afford good food (mostly).

Now that prices are dropping I'm once again smiling because it's takes a 20 to fill up. I just wonder what we're doing with the other 20 or so? I can't find where it went and I also can't figure out why oil prices are dropping but airline prices are rising? Seriously, 500 dollars to go to Reno? I could practically fly to Europe with that. I'm pretty confident that prices will rise after the elections and I'm also pretty confident that prices will never hit .98 cents per gallon like they were when I first started driving. Regardless though, today I only had to pay 20 and it should last for about 10 days, unless of course, C has some serious road trips planned while I'm away.

No comments: